Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Latest Litter of Kids...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Latest Litter of Kids...

    The woman that recently gave birth to octuplets in California reportedly has already had 6 children, lives with her parents in a 3 bedroom home, and there's no confirmation of a dad in the picture (at the moment, anyhow).

    So wrong, and so very much I could say about it all....



    Some related articles:

    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...=mostpop_story

    http://www.abcnews.go.com/Health/sto...6764771&page=1

    http://www.3news.co.nz/News/Internat...1/Default.aspx
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Milk3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2008
    Posts
    2,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Latest Litter of Kids...

    Very brave lady good that all the babies made it
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Latest Litter of Kids...

    Brave isn't exactly the word I was looking for...


    Hopefully the babies do make it. There's no documented case in the US or elsewhere of all 8 octuplets surviving (in the few documented octuplet births). In a large percentage of the cases all the babies died within days or weeks. In only one case did 7 survive - they just turned 10 years old.

    The Dr that provided her with fertility treatments should lose be punished. Her mom has stated that the mom underwent IVF - which means that many embryos or more were implanted (in a woman with 6 kids already). That was a reckless decision with regards to the health of those babies. It's not like she was at risk of never having children... It seems as if she's just trying to have as many as she possibly can as fast as possible.

    There's a very high risk of post-natal death, extremely high risk of cerebral palsy - which wont be known for a while, prematurity issues, etc.


    It's possible there may be a father in the picture, but since they're staying somewhat under the radar we dont know for sure. Who is taking care of these kids and providing for them? Is 14 children and 3 adults in a 3 bedroom house right?
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Latest Litter of Kids...

    Sounds like the good ole days around here. Dad was one of 10 kids in a 3 bdr house and 2 adults.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Latest Litter of Kids...

    Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    Sounds like the good ole days around here. Dad was one of 10 kids in a 3 bdr house and 2 adults.
    Yeah but one, maybe two at a time, and without medical assistance to force it! lol
    My mom is one of 8 (she's a twin - the last pregnancy went out with a bang!).
    Dad is one of 9. Dad lived in a one-bedroom house (how did they even have the second kid? LOL), mom lived in a 2 bedroom house.
    That was then though - a time of self sufficiency
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Latest Litter of Kids...

    Yeah I know I was poking fun at it really. I can't imagine sharing a bedroom with multple siblings, much less 14.

    As for what you said above, I guess it wasn't uncommon for someone to put a bun in the oven with a kid bedside. :P
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •